Friday, January 23, 2015

ASK 1 - Write a positive message on a sticky note and give it to a friend.

The ASK: Write a positive message on a sticky note and give it to a friend.

This ASK is very common in my life.  A close friend of mine works in the same area of the school as me, so once in a while, we write a note on a sticky note with a positive saying or cute drawing and leave it where the other will see it.  Any time I see one, it instantly brightens my day.  Last night, I decided this would be an ASK that I could try today.  I looked online for a positive quote about friendship, wrote it on a sticky note, and when I came into work today I put it on her desk.




Considerations for Schools:


  • Students may not have easy access to sticky notes during the school day, so make sure to have plenty available for their use.
  • Make it clear that messages must be positive!
  • Teachers should know this may be happening(particularly for school-wide ASK), otherwise they may think that students are passing notes or leaving messes.
  • Students receiving these notes should keep them or throw them away, not leave them for teachers or custodians to clean up.



**This ASK was inspired by Caitlin Boyle's project and books, Operation Beautiful.  I was fortunate enough to meet Caitlin a few years ago when she did an Operation Beautiful presentation at my school. The work she is doing is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment